Star Toto 6/50 Malaysia
Lottery games are quite popular in Malaysia amongst residents and tourists alike. People enjoy participating in some of the lottery games that you can find in the country. The operation of lottery in Malaysia is the responsibility of Sports Toto Malaysia Sdn Bhd and one of the top draw games that it has to offer is none other than Star Toto 6/50. The Malaysian government incorporated Sports Toto in 1969 and the company was private in August, 1985. This was regarded as a major milestone for the gaming industry. Currently, a company known as Berjaya Sports Toto Berhad, which is listed on the Bursa Malaysia market, is the whole owner of Sports Toto.
There are two respects in which Sports Toto has managed to become the largest number focused operator in the country; first, on the basis of the number of games it has to offer and second, on the basis of the number of outlet it operates. Right now, there are approximately 680 sales outlets from where you can buy tickets for Star Toto 6/50. Furthermore, the number of games that are being offered by Sports Toto currently is 7, which also includes Star Toto 6/50. The origins of the game can be traced back to 2008 when it was first introduced under the name of Mega Toto 6/52.
As the name indicates, this game required players to select six numbers out of a total of 52, against which the draw was conducted and the winners were announced. Nonetheless, Mega Toto 6/52 was replaced on March 19th, 2015 with Grand Toto 6/63. The official announcement via press release was made on March 23, 2015. The jackpots that were offered by the Grand Toto 6/53 starting from a figure of RM 15 million. Any jackpot amount that had been brought forward from the Mega Toto 6/52 was also rolled over in the Grand Toto 6/63 jackpot until it was finally won.
The first ever draw for Grand Toto 6/63 was conducted on Saturday, March 21st, 2015. By this time, the jackpot amount that was brought forward from Mega Toto 6/52, which had been combined with the amount accumulated from Grand Toto 6/63, had reached an impressive sum of RM 20,530,942. The price structure of Grand Toto 6/63 was also quite interesting and its minimum jackpot carried a value of RM 15 million. The second prize was worth RM 10,000, the third prize carried a value of RM 100 and the fourth prize was worth RM 10. All these prizes were based on bets that cost RM 2.
Three playing methods were available to players who were interested in playing Grand Toto 6/63, which were standard play, system play and also EZ-Bet. These playing modes are considered a major advantage because they can greatly increase your chances of winning the jackpot. The primary reason why Mega Toto 6/52 was replaced by Grand Toto 6/63 by Sports Toto was because they wanted to make the Malaysia lottery games as exciting as possible and give people greater chances of winning the big prize.
However, Sports Toto made an announcement via a press released on October 17, 2017 that Grand Toto 6/63 was also being replaced, this time by Star Toto 6/50. This new lottery game was to come into effect on October 19th, 2017 and it did. This change was simply part of the company’s efforts for enhancing the gaming experience of players in Malaysia and pushing up the amounts of the jackpot. There are two jackpots that are offered to the players in Star Toto 6/50; Jackpot 1 and Jackpot 2. The minimum guaranteed jackpot 1 amount was set at RM 1,188,888. In order to play for this jackpot, players had to choose six numbers between the range of 1 and 50.
To make the game even more appealing for the players, the cost of play was also reduced to RM 1 from RM 2. Other than Jackpot 1, the minimum guaranteed prize for Jackpot 2 was set at RM 100,000. In order to win the second jackpot, players are required to draw a bonus number, which is considered an additional number. This gives lottery players a lot more chances of winning some very great prizes. As mentioned above, there were only four prize categories available when the Grand Toto 6/63 was in play, but this was also changed with Star Toto 6/50.
A 5th, 6th and 7th prize category was also introduced, but all with varying prize values. For increasing the chances of winning, the new Star Toto 6/50 also had three playing modes, which were standard play, system play and the EZ-bet option. As the game’s name indicates, six numbers have to be chosen between 1 and 50, but the rules change slightly, depending on the mode you choose to play. Let’s take a look at the various options:
This is the first mode of play that can be used by lottery players when they are trying their luck with Star Toto 6/50. You first need to get a pay slip from a lottery outlet. As aforementioned, there are a total of 680 outlets from where you can buy tickets of the Star Toto 6/50. This means that you can easily find an outlet near you. The Sports Toto website can also be visited to find out information about the outlets.
There are different play areas on the pay slip that you will notice. On every play area, you will find an array of numbers between 1 and 50. When you are going with standard play, you simply have to choose six numbers and the bonus number. When the draw is conducted, the winning numbers will be announced and you can confirm them against your ticket. The cost of buying a ticket for standard play is RM 1.
This is the second mode of play that can be used with Star Toto 6/50. Depending on your preference, in system play you have to choose anywhere between 7 and 15 numbers because this will allow you to cover all possible number combinations. The trick to remember here is that your chances of winning increase with every additional number you play. However, while the minimum bet costs RM 1, this will continue to rise with every number you add.
- If you decide to play seven numbers, it is registered as a system 7 and treated as 7 plays. This means that it will cost you RM 7 as the price of one play is RM 1.
- The cost of system 8 is RM 28 because it is counted as 28 plays.
- Betting on system 9 means that you are required to pay RM 84 as this system provides you with 84 plays.
- If you decide to play 10 numbers, it is regarded as system 10 and the number of plays increase to 210. The cost of these plays will be RM 210.
- With system 11, you are playing a total of 462 games and your cost will be increased to RM 462.
- System 12 gives you a total number of 924 games and the price of these plays will be RM 924 accordingly.
- System 13 is equivalent to 1716 games and it will cost you RM 1716.
- If you decide to go with system 14, you are playing a total of 3003 games, which means you have to pay RM 3003.
- The last system that you can play is system 15 and it increases your number of plays to an impressive 5005 games, which will boost the cost of your games to RM 5005.
The last mode of play that you can enjoy with Star Toto 6/50 is EZ-Bet and the advantage this mode has to offer is that it allows players to win with considerably small bets. When you are using this mode for Star Toto 6/50, you can play from system 9 and go as high as system 15. Again, your chances of winning increase with the more numbers you play as it gives you access to a greater set of numbers. The price of the minimum bet in this case is RM 2.
- Playing the system 9 will give you access to a total of 84 numbers and this means you will have to pay RM 42.
- The cost of playing system 10 is also the same as system 9 i.e. RM 42 as is the case with System 11 and even System 12.
- When it comes to System 13 to 15, the cost will change and will increase to RM 143.
Similar to other lotto games that are played, players are given the option of choosing the numbers on their pay slip or they can also go with the option of Luck Pick. The latter is preferred in the situation where you cannot make up your mind about the numbers you want to play or you just want to try a different set of numbers for a change. A machine can be found at the outlet for the Luck Pick and it will generate a series of random numbers for you.
After you have decided what mode you want to play, chosen your numbers and made your payment accordingly, you will be issued a ticket. This serves as evidence that you have participated in Star Toto 6/50 and it is essential for claiming any prize. One of the best things about the Star Toto 6/50 is that its draws are conducted three days in a week, on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Along with the upfront minimum prize of Jackpot 1, which is RM 1,188,888, 40% of the prize fund is given and other rolled over amounts from previous draws are also added.
On the other hand, 10% of the prize fund is given to Jackpot 2 combined with other amounts that have been rolled over from past draws. Typically, 55% of the ticket sales is assigned to the total prize pool of the game. If there is more than one winner, the prize is equally divided amongst all the players. The following price structure is followed:
- If you match all six numbers, you are able to win Jackpot 1, which is a minimum amount of RM 1,188,888.
- Matching five of the total six drawn numbers makes you eligible for the second prize along with the bonus number. Here, you win Jackpot 2, which has a minimum amount of RM 100,000.
- If you match five of the six main numbers, you will get the third prize that carries a value of RM 2,008.
- The fourth prize requires players to match four of the six numbers and also the bonus number, which will win them RM 788.
- Matching only four of the six main numbers is the fifth category with a prize of RM 28.
- The sixth prize involves matching three of the six numbers and also the bonus number, which will earn a prize of RM 18.
- The last prize category requires players of the Star Toto 6/50 to match only three of the six drawn numbers and this allows them to win RM 8 in prizes.
You have to be at least 21 years of age in order to buy a ticket of the Star Toto 6/50 and the draws are usually conducted at the Berjaya Times Square in Kuala Lumpur. It is possible for players to watch the draw live on the internet or the results can also be checked on the official website of the Sports Toto. They are published in dallies and can also be obtained via SMS. As soon as the draw is finished, the prize can be claimed at a Sports Toto outlet or the head office. You have to have your ID and passport for claiming the prize. Players have 180 days from the date of the draw to claim their prizes, after which they are forwarded to the Ministry of Finance. No tax is imposed on winnings by the government of Malaysia.
Even if you are in a different country, you can still play Star Toto 6/50 through lottery services and their agents.