Would you like to find out how to boost your chances of winning the lottery?
You’ve probably heard about some of the lucky people who win enormous lottery jackpots and might have wondered if they have some secret trick that increased chances of winning.
The truth is that there probably isn’t some deep, dark secret or trick that makes some players losers and others winners.
Basically, it’s just the luck of the draw that can turn you into a Powerball winner like Marie Holmes.
That being said, according to experts and people who have actually won a huge jackpot or won more than once, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of winning.
Chances of Winning the Lottery
What are your chances of winning a lottery?
To understand how the odds are stacked, you should know how lotteries work. First, you buy a ticket. This ticket will have numbers within a certain range.
You choose the numbers you want to play from within this range. When the drawing is held, winning numbers will be randomly selected from within this same range.
If the numbers you picked match all of the winning numbers—you win the jackpot prize.
You may also win smaller prizes for matching part of the numbers drawn. So your chances depend on how many tickets were sold for that particular drawing and (unknown to anyone) how many other people have tickets with the winning numbers. But, look at it this way: If you don’t have a ticket, you have no chance at all of winning.
7 Tips to Help You Win the Lottery
Here are 7 tips that may help increase your chances of winning a lottery:
- Buying more tickets can of course increase your chances of winning the lottery. It’s a simple law of probability: the problem is you’ll have to spend a lot to make it worth and paying for tickets means less profit. One Australian investment firm did try this trick in a local lottery. As we mentioned before, buying a lottery ticket is the first step in improving your odds.
- Pooling your money with other lottery players, often called a lottery syndicate, means you’ll have more numbers and tickets, which means a better chance of winning. Of course you’ll have more people to share the money with but you probably won’t be complaining if you land a $500 million jackpot between 10 people for example! Playing syndicate or group games is a sure fire way to increase your odds without spending fortunes.
- Don’t pick consecutive numbers. If playing a jackpot with 5 winning numbers where the numbers go up to 55, the total of your numbers should be between 104 and 176. According to studies 70% of all lottery jackpots have sums that fall within that range. You can use our quick pick automatic number generator on all our lottery games makes it easy to pick a good set of numbers.
- Don’t choose all of your numbers from the same number group or that end with the same digit. It’s possible that you might win, but the probability is still very low.
- For lottery games that always have a winner, play the more unpopular games and times. When a jackpot reaches a large amount or there is a Euromillions Superdraw for example
- Play less popular lotteries that have fewer players and thus less competition. Lottosend has several less well-known lotteries like Superlotto Plus, Eurojackpot and Superenalotto that have smaller jackpots but better odds!
- Many people play numbers that correspond to dates, such as their own birthday and birthdays of family members. This means that there are often more numbers chosen between 1 and 31 to correspond with the day of the month. If you choose higher numbers than 31, you won’t increase chances of winning, but you will boost your odds of not sharing a jackpot with another winner.
These 7 tips might help boost your chances of winning the lottery. For more tips on how to win those jackpots, check out this video or read about lotto strategies.
If you don’t want to learn how to increase your chances of winning the lottery, and you just want to play, you can sign up at Lottosend to get a free ticket with your purchase.
How Can I Increase My Chances Of Winning The Lottery? Buy More Tickets & Find A Generous Lottery
As lottery players, we’ve all asked oursleves this simple question: can I up my chances of winning the lottery?
Of course, there’s no magic bullet, no one strategy that can help you predict the numbers and win big. After all, everyone knows the odds of winning any lottery are one in several millions, depending on which draw you go for.
But, just because something’s unlikely to happen doesn’t mean you should disregard it. As the famous French playwright Moliere once said: “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” We know that winning the lottery is a long shot, but we play precisely because it’s a long shot. Every week, every year, there are stories of winners – all of whom never expected to land the jackpot – and if they were lucky enough, why not you, hey?
So what are a few ways that you can shift those long odds in your favour?
This is by far and away the most common and straightforward answer. In fact, when we looked at responses from statisticians and mathematicians, they invariably suggested getting hold of more tickets as the only certain way to maximise your odds.
Of course, you’d have to be extremely wealthy in the first place to afford all the tickets you’d need to match all possible combinations; and you couldn’t prevent other people buying tickets with the winning numbers, so you might end up sharing that jackpot. The more tickets you buy, the less your expected profit of course!
Apparently, an Australian investment syndicate actually did this with the Virginia lottery.
According to Peter Flom, an independent statistical consultant, there have been lotteries which have shown readily observable patterns – well, readily observable patterns if you’re at MIT. From the same school that produced the infamous Blackjack team came a group of students who figured out that the Michigan and Massachusetts lotteries paid out to all the winners when the prize pool reached a certain amount.
According to Flom, “[They] organized a group to buy LOTS of tickets on those days. Oddly enough, this did not cost the state anything – they kept making their %, they just paid it out oddly.”
We’ll admit, this probably isn’t a good possibility these days, but if you’ve got the time to look for lottery patterns in local state lotteries, go for it!
How to Make More Of Your Winnings
Even if you can’t buy all the tickets, there is a way of increasing the amount you win, if you do win.
- Try to avoid picking numbers that other people might pick – you don’t want to share that $100 million jackpot with 10 other people do you? This might seem like an impossible task at first glance but there are ways – as ever with statistics – to make reasonable assumptions.
- Some people have suggested that you don’t pick numbers from fortune cookies or other places where winning numbers might be suggested (you might want to search for websites that suggest winning lottery numbers and avoid their picks). Don’t pick numbers that won last week either, because there’s a good chance that a load of other people will be using the same tactic.
- Pick high numbers. If you’ve ever been in a group when you’re asked to reveal your lucky number, it’s rarely that high is it? 3? 7? People use their lucky numbers and also pick numbers based on birthdays so numbers less than 31 are out, and numbers less than 12 are definitely out).
- Try going for patterns of numbers once in a while as people assume (wrongly) that a sequence of numbers won’t come up. Why not choose 34, 35, and 36.
Don’t Buy Too Far In Advance
It might seem like the time at which you buy your ticket, wouldn’t make a difference but it does.
Buy your ticket as close as possible to the draw date. If you buy your ticket a week in advance you are considerably more likely to lose that ticket, forget where you put it, or even die before the lottery takes place (we know it’s quite morbid!). According to one Quora user, who did some rough estimations: “Approx 30,000 people die in road accidents every year in the US. That’s (about) 600 per week, so about 1 in 500,000 people die every week in a road accident. Let’s assume that’s your chance too. The chance of winning the maximum prize varies according to the lotter, but in the UK lottery (the only one I’ve ever bought a ticket for) , the chance is about 1 in 14 million. So if you buy your ticket a week in advance you are 28 times more likely to die in a car crash than win. You can reduce that to 4 times more likely to die by buying a day in advance.”
While these kind of figures are obviously a little misleading, it’s probably still a good idea to buy your tickets closer to the event. You can see all the countdowns to the next major lottery draws on our homepage.
And one last thought before we go…
In many of the discussions about ‘chances of winning the lottery’, people refer to the lottery as a “tax on stupidity” or a “tax on the mathematically challenged”. These people recommend playing games where the odds are less stacked against you, like casino table games. However, unlike giving your money to a casino or blowing it on the slots, buying a lottery ticket leaves you with a much clearer conscience. You know that even if you don’t win, your money is either contributing to the winning pool of money for another lucky person or it will be fed back into the community. Almost all lotteries use their vast reserves of wealth to invest in everything from schools to new businesses.
We know that for many of players, the lottery is about entertainment value. That dream that we all love to imagine coming true. And the dream is often exciting enough: we look forward to sitting on the edges of our seats as the numbers are read out, or checking our accounts to see if we’ve won the big one.
So if you want to join us, visit Lottosend today to take part in the world’s biggest lotteries.
Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery Today With Group Games and Better Odds
Are you looking to find out how you can increase your chances of winning the lottery?
Learn How to Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery
You have no doubt heard and read stories about how some lucky people have won enormous lottery jackpots, but have you ever wondered if these winners stories were not all down to luck? Is there a trick or style of playing that gives these winners a better chance of hitting the jackpot?
The short answer is yes. The long answer is yes…there is a number way you can increase your chances of winning the lottery.
There are tips you can use to increase your chances of winning the lottery. This does not mean that the odds are ever tipped in your favor – all these tips can do is slightly push the odds a little more on your side.
Anyone that is offering tips to increase your chances of winning the lottery by instructing you to select certain numbers over others is not basing their conclusions on math or probability but rather on a feeling, a hunch, or more likely using previous results to work out what numbers are “overdue to come in”. This is a method that can be seen all over being used but we wont be focusing on this type of selection today as its conclusions are not based in math draw to draw.
How you can increase your chances of winning the lottery?
We will focus on the strategies and tips that will increase your chances of winning the lottery, guaranteed, no matter which lottery draw. Let’s have a look at the best methods being used today:
- Buying More Tickets – This seems pretty straight forward but its affect should not be underestimated. If you have already bought one ticket, the most straight forward, guaranteed way to double your chances of winning the lottery is to buy a second!
- Group Games – This is by far the most popular, and the most successful strategy ever used in the playing the lottery. If you take a look at jackpot winners from 2016 in three of the biggest lotteries around the world (Powerball, Megamillions, Euromillions) you will notice a similar trend: The majority of winners are group game players. This shouldn’t be a surprise anyone as the amount your odds increase when playing group games is huge! For example: You can play right now (February 19th 2017) in the US Powerball Group Game Single time entry for around $15. This $15 will give you a share in the 52 unique and individual tickets, which works out at around $0.29 per ticket. This $15 spent on a Group Game will increase your chances of winning the lottery by a factor of 52. Let’s say you buy one share in this Group Game and one of the Group Game tickets wins, you will be entitled to 1/52 of the $403,000,000 jackpot = $7,750,000 for a ticket you paid $0.29 for! This is why playing Group Games is one of the most popular way to increase your odds at winning the lottery because it works for everyone involved. We recommend Group Games for all our players.
- Best Odds – All Lotteries are different, look for the ones with the best odds: With all draws being slightly different; number of regular balls, bonus balls, how many to choose from, what you need to match in order to “jackpot”…the difference are ongoing and ever changing. Stay on top of the game by looking at the lottery information pages and seeing how the odds stack up. For example the Australian lotteries have much more attractive odds than their American counterparts. This being said, the jackpots are usually smaller figures, but when you take into account the tax-free winnings and increased odds it is a more attractive lottery to play to a lot of players out there.
- Don’t pick consecutive numbers – Math, logic, reason and common sense tell us that each number is drawn randomly and so the chances of hitting 6 consecutive numbers is the same as hitting 6 randomly placed numbers, but they’re not exactly correct! Getting 6/6 or 7/7 depending on the lottery in question is a very difficult thing to do. If you look back at the history of winning combinations the amount of times that these numbers have been consecutive is…zero, nada, never. It will not happen. Even though the initial logic makes us think it is just as likely as any other combination, in reality it is not, its compounding the odds exponentially after every ball is drawn. Stick to numbers you like, that you have a connection with, and don’t be scared to change them up once in a while!
These few tips will help you at least be in the right state of mind when picking how you want to play the lottery and which one you want to play.
We provide our players with new deals and exclusive offers all of the time, if you’re looking for more tips, tricks and discounts on buying tickets check out the site, speak to our customer support and find out what your entitled to.
How to Increase Your Chances of Winning With Online Lotto Syndicates
Winning the lottery is a worldwide symbol of luck because lottery players are faced with incredible odds stacks against them from the get-go. In addition to this, the prizes are often life changing amounts of money so any victory can see a sharp change in the life of the lucky winner/s.
While there are numerous strategies out there claiming to increase a players’ odds of winning, there are few that actually work. It is one of those that actually work that we are going to look at today, specifically the simplest & most effective.
Without further ado let’s begin on the most popular & effective strategy to increase your odds of winning:
Lottery Syndicates – How do they work & why are they so effective?
This is basic math and as we all know, math doesn’t lie. Playing syndicates is a great way to increase your odds of winning without having to spend fortunes on additional tickets. In fact, the online lotto revolution has been most felt in the market of group tickets or syndication tickets as it has opened up new channels to customers that were otherwise quite difficult to navigate.
It works simply, for example: 10 lines can be bundled together creating a group game syndicate ticket that contains 10 lines. Now, this syndicate can be split up into shares (to maintain the simplicity of this explanation we will split the syndicate into 10). Each player can purchase as many shares as he or she desires (from 1-10). Once all the shares have been purchased, the syndication is complete. If any of the lines within the syndication win, the total is split according to how many shares the player had bought in the winning group game. So, in the example given above, if I had bought 2 tickets out of the 10 I would receive double the prize amount as someone who had only bought one.
Shares are cheaper than lines. It is because of this that a player can increase his chances (from having only one potential winning line to having ten) without needing to purchase an additional nice tickets.
I know what you are thinking – Group games and syndication have been available since the conception of the lottery, what makes this news any different? The answer…Online lotto.
We can’t go any further without talking a little about the world of online lotto and how this has in many ways revolutionized an industry that feels like it has been around forever without any great improvements or updates. What playing the lotto online has brought to customers is flexibility, control and a type of security that is just not possible when playing the offline, physical model. There are no lost tickets online. Despite the recent story that went viral about a couple whose online payment was not processed – this was solely down to personal and not technical error.
With this tip to help you, check out the syndication and group option for your favourite lotteries, and remember, online lotto is the place where these tactics and strategies can really be utilised and realised.
Good Luck & be sure to look out for next week’s blog!
How to Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery? You have to be in it to win it!
What would you do if you won the lottery? This is the classic question that sparks our imaginations to run wild. But maybe we’re focusing on the wrong question. Maybe we should be asking, how can we win the lottery?
People often choose their numbers for a whole host of reasons. Whether it’s personal (birthdays, house numbers) or superstitious (lucky numbers) the list is endless. But is this really the right way to play? Is there a more methodical way of playing that is likely to increase your chances of winning big?
I may sound obvious but you have to actually play the lottery to win it. The next time you find yourself with friends, talking about what you would do if you won the lottery, ask them if they actually play the lottery. If not they might as well stop dreaming.
It is a bit of a no-brainer but buying more tickets will massively increase you chances of winning big. Doubling up on your tickets means double the chances. We are currently offering tickets for the Lotería de Navidad, the Spanish Christmas Raffle where you can buy multiple shares to increase your chances of winning.
People say “there is no I in team” well there is if you are the “winning team”. Playing in a Syndicate with a large group of people will massively increase your chances of winning. Sure you will have to share all that wealth between your friends but at least you wont be the only rich one and it wont always be you getting the next round in. If you want to play as a team, try our new Group Games where you can buy more lottery tickets for a fraction of the cost.
Take a look at the statistics
When you look at the history of the lottery, certain statistics emerge. The first one being that it is very unlikely that 5 or 6 consecutive numbers will be picked. For example numbers one, two, three, four, five and six. So try to spread your numbers out across the whole range of possible numbers. Surprisingly, it has also been discovered it is less likely that the winning numbers will all share the last digit. So avoid choosing a combination of numbers like five, fifteen, twenty five, thirty five, forty five and fifty five. This is surprising because in theory any numbers could be picked. However statistics show configurations like this are less likely.
Pick numbers that not everyone picks
If the time comes and you win big, you probably do not want to find out that five other people have the same numbers as you. This means you are now going to have to share you fortune. Although there is no way of completely protecting yourself against this, you can take a small measure that will increase your chances of not having to share. Most people will pick special numbers which mean a lot to them. More often than not this will include birthdays of loved ones. Birthdays will contain a lot of numbers from one to twelve and one to thirty one. Therefore in a draw that goes up to fifty five, the numbers between thirty two and fifty five are picked substantially less. So by choosing more numbers in this range you are decreasing your chances of having to share your winnings.
We hope that these hints ad tips have given you inspiration on how you can win big in the future. For more lottery related news and advice, follow us on Twitter at @lottosend.
Top Tips for Winning the Lottery
Everyone knows that you have to be in it to win it, but aside from the obvious, many of us are left wondering how we can maximise our chances of winning the lottery. The numbers are completely drawn at random and there isn’t a notable difference between how often each number is picked, although the least drawn is number 13, with the most drawn number being 38. There’s no surefire secret to winning the lottery, but here at Lottosend we love to let our players into the secrets that can help you maximise your chances of winning big. Read on to get clued in!
Avoid obvious numbers
When it comes to picking what will hopefully be your lucky numbers, pick the numbers that will help you win big. The nation fall into familiar and predictable patterns when it comes to picking lottery numbers, such as birthdays, which means that numbers above 31 are less commonly picked. Technically, we all have the same odds when it comes to winning, but if you pick common numbers you’ll be much more likely to have to share your win.
There are serious advantages to playing the lottery online. You can more easily set yourself a weekly budget and it means that if you forget to pick up a ticket while you’re out, you can do it at home anytime. With Lottosend, we’ll also notify you if you win, so no need to worry about forgotten draws or lost tickets.
Don’t play in patterns
People also tend to pick their numbers in patterns, descending or ascending. Also avoid picking that classic, 1,2,3,4… ascension, as although you might think no one else had the same idea, it’s proven that everyone did. “You should avoid anything that forms a nice pattern on the selection ticket, such as a diagonal line as many people do this.” said Dr John Haigh, a professor of mathematics at the University of Sussex.
Less players means better odds and better odds mean more chances of you winning the jackpot. Although smaller lotteries have smaller jackpots, the chances of winning are a lot higher. Here at Lottosend we have several lotteries that have better odds than the most popular games, such as Superlottoplus and Eurojackpot.
Whilst you will have to share your winnings, you’ll have much better odds. 1 in 7 jackpots over £1m are won by syndicates. Up your chances and play in a group, as although having to share might not seem as amazing as taking the entire jackpot for yourself, if you strike a lucky win thanks to the increased odds that come along with being in a syndicate, you’ll be glad to share. You can play group games with the most of our online games.
How to Win the Lottery: 3 Steps for Success!
If so, good news!
According to experts and lottery players who have had multiple wins, there are a few pointers that might boost your chances of winning.
For most of us, hitting a big jackpot would be a life changing event and if this sounds good to you, read on.
Learn How to Win the Lottery?
Can you actually be taught exactly how to win the lottery?
No. If that were the case and someone knew just how to win every time, you can safely assume they would not be sharing this knowledge and would, instead, be keeping to themselves as a closely guarded secret.
That being said, there really are some things you can do that will increase your chances of winning.
How to Win the Lottery
Here are 4 simple strategies that may increase your chances of winning the lottery:
1. Buy as many tickets as you can afford. Let’s face it, the more tickets you have, the higher your chances of having the right combination of numbers. So, buy what you can without dipping into money that is slotted for bills and necessities.
2. Pool your tickets and multiply your chances of winning. Have you ever noticed how many groups win lotteries? In most cases, it is a group of coworkers but sometimes families win, as well. By pooling your resources, you are able to purchase more tickets and boost your chances of winning.
3. Check and then double check your tickets. Some lotteries have more than one way to win, so just because your numbers don’t match the winning draw for the jackpot prize, be sure to see if you matched enough numbers to win a lesser prize.
4. If your lottery ticket was a dud, don’t throw it away. Many lotteries have second chance drawings and your worthless ticket might turn out to be a winner after all.
Use these tips and pointers about how to win the lottery to improve your chances of being one of those lucky players that hit huge jackpots!
The Improbability Principle: Can it Help You Win the Lottery?
Can the Improbability Principle help you win the lottery and become an instant multi-millionaire?
According to David Hand, the author of The Improbability Principle: Why Coincidences, Miracles and Rare Events Happen Every Day, you just might have a better chance of winning the lottery than you think you do.
Before we proceed any further, it might be helpful to provide you with some information about the Improbability Principle.
What is it and how can it be applied to luck with the lottery?
Lottery Luck & the Improbability Principle
First of all, here is a brief explanation of what this principle is and how it is supposed to work:
This principle uses what is referred to as the Law of Very Large Numbers and says that we should expect coincidences to occur, instead of being surprised by them.
Furthermore, the Law of Very Large Numbers says that with sufficient opportunities, we should actually expect a specific event to occur, regardless of how unlikely it may seem.
At times, it may seem that there are only a few opportunities when in fact there are many. It is this misperception that leads people to think of something as highly unlikely when in fact….it’s very likely and maybe even almost a certainty.
This works by the Law of Combinations.
Law of Combinations & Winning the Lottery
This is the Law of Combinations according to David Hand: “It is the number of combinations of interacting elements increases exponentially with the number of elements.”
He uses what he calls the birthday problem as an example of how what may seem a slim chance is actually a very high chance. If you were asked how many people in a room there would need to be in order for two of them to have the same birthday, you might guess several hundred or even thousand.
After all, there are 365 days in a year, right?
But the fact is that it only requires 23 people in a room to make it more likely than not that two of those people will share a birthday.
Now, let’s look at how the Improbability Principle applies to the lottery, or more specifically, lottery numbers.
Back on September 6th, 2009, the Bulgarian lottery randomly selected as the winning numbers 4, 15, 23, 24, 35, 42. This might not strike you as wildly improbable, but read on for the rest of the story.
Just four days later, on September 10th, this same lottery randomly selected the exact same numbers.
This phenomenon was repeated with Israel’s Mifal HaPayis state lottery when the numbers drawn at random on October 16th, 2010, were the same numbers drawn only a few weeks earlier, on September 21st.
Want more? The North Carolina Cash 5 lottery in the U.S. had the exact same winning numbers on July 9th and 11th in 2007.
So, it seems that for those players who like to use the same lottery numbers for every drawing, there might be a sporting chance of winning on those numbers not once—but twice!
Here is a video about the Improbability Principle that might interest you: